Itunes Isn't Responding

smarties

Registered
my itunes continues not to respond yet all other applications are fine...i have taken it off, put it back on, re-updated time and again and nothing. it bounces about as if it is going to open then nothing happens and half the time the spinning beach ball turns up...very bloody annoying...it has happened since i updated my ipod and itunes/!??? what should i do? thanks.

You must have not practiced the 'Safe Mac Update' rule ...

01. Before installing any Apple update(s) - launch 'Disk Utility' ('/Applications/Utilities/' folder) and perform a 'Repair Disk Permissions', a minimum of once. Some prefer booting from the Installation CD / DVD and performing a 'Disk Utility' 'Repair Disk', and then a 'Repair Disk Permissions' (or two), on the boot hard disk drive.
02. Install the Update(s).
03. After installing any Apple update(s) - launch 'Disk Utility' and perform a 'Repair Disk Permissions' a minimum of once.

And yes, sometimes - moving to the 'Desktop', or deleting, the respective Application's preferences file(s) ('com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist', 'com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist', and 'com.apple.iTunes.plist - for 'iTunes')'; or, rename them (say by appending '_' to them), does solve a - failed to launch iTunes' problem.

I tried this, because I have had the same problem with connecting to the Music Store and to online radio, but it didn't work either.

I deleted iTunes, ran the Disk Utility twice, deleted the permissions suggested, repaired the Keychain, then reinstalled iTunes 6.0.1. No dice.

The wierd thing that I have found is that if I click repeatedly on the Music Store or the radio station, I sometimes can bt connected to a music page.

I hope that with enough information from many different peope, you experts will learn enough about the symptoms of this problem

One mor thing: I was actually in the middle of searching through the Music Store when I got the message that there was a problem. Also, I can connect to the Music Store and to the radio stations if I keep trying.

Back