Itunes Jumpy Playback

josephwarren

Registered
I'm running itunes 3 with OS 10.1.5 on G4 Powerbook with 768Mb Ram & loads of spare disk space. I've got just over a Gig of Music in the library and it all skips during playback either through headphones or the built in speakers. I've tried quitting all other apps and even turning off the airport.
Any ideas anyone?

are these VBR mp3? I know that my iPod has issues with VBR's (like cutting off 3/4 through the song)... Just an idea... Try re-installing iTunes, unless you have a lot of things running in the background, it shouldn't skip...

Thanks,

I've now tried playing some of my music files in other apps (Real1 & Quicktime) and they still skip and jump. Is it possible for all my mp3's to have corrupted overnight or do I have a hardware problem?

Thanks for the help.

If you try playing these files in other apps, and they skip in the EXACT same places within the songs, then it's definitely a bad bunch of MP3s. Either encode or steal them over again.... er, wait.... "Don't steal music." :D

I've worked it out.
I knew that my mp3 files were Ok because I could burn them and play them back on a CD player with perfect results, but all sound from the Mac had split second cut-outs at radom but frequent moments, this even happened on the preset music in iphotos slide show.
Unplugged the power supply and instant end to my problem -> a dodgy socket!
Turns out I need an electrician not a tech, oh and itunes is my friend again.

I have over 8GB of music on my HD, with loads of RAM and extra disk space as well, but my problem comes when I try to change to a different song. It will lag everything I am doing on my machine for 2-3 seconds before iTunes comes to the front, and changes the song AFTER I press the next button. This bugs the hell out of me because I have to stop what I am doing and wait a few seconds for it to unlag and finally change songs. Any idea on what gives?

dodgy power socket... and not iTunes... what a relieve!

I had enough of hearing and reading about Macs not working like they should here... I am getting into serious depression because of all these news....

Someone send a "Get Well" card to Apple please...

Back