iTunes just wipes me off

emvogia

Registered
While playing music to my iTunes 7.0.1 it quits unexpectedly..! I of course send the reports to Apple but I don't know how to solve this iTunes initiative ..! It just decides to quit.. Does anybody have the same problem? I got all the new updates (Mac OS X 10.4.8)

Please help me because I am unable to hear my music and do my job..

Thanks in advance for your time

Cheers mates

Have you tried deleting any .plist preference files that are associated with iTunes? You could also download it manually from Apple's website and reinstall it.

the iTunes plist file is located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist

trash (or move that to your desktop--or a different location) that while iTunes is closed, and when you re-load it it will generate a new .plist file.

If that doesn't do it, create a new account. If the new account has problems, reinstall iTunes.

..the exact thing you said (moving to the trash my .plst file)
after that I opened iTunes and it started loading my library again..seems to Duplicate my mp3s because my HD space gets less and less.. It says: "Copying Files"
Why that? Did I do something wrong?

Eric, when you mention new account you mean store account? or a new user?

Nixgeek, you also suggested me to download "it" from Apple..right? Download iTunes from the beginning..?

thanks a lot guys..
your help seems really precious to me
thank you very very much!!

if it's copying music files, check the location that iTunes stores your music. if it's different to your idea of where it should be, then change it in the preferences

Eric, when you mention new account you mean store account? or a new user?

Nixgeek, you also suggested me to download "it" from Apple..right? Download iTunes from the beginning..?

thanks a lot guys..
your help seems really precious to me
thank you very very much!!

Correct. "It"=iTunes. :D Just download iTunes from Apple's website.

when I deleted my .plist from the preferences and opened iTunes which imported from the beggining my whole library, then I lost my playlist's data!.. Oh sheet! Why that? please note me where these data are stored.. please!!! I need 'em!..

Back