itunes music editing

afrodeciacdream

Registered
So I love iTunes, and have been using it since before I converted to the lighter side of the computer world... the ability to change and ID tag perminently is wonderful, and I find that when I was a PC fan and just threw everything into Winamp and played it on shuffle it was fine to not have all the info, or atleast not have all the proper info, in the ID tags. However now that I can clearly see all the information about every song as it's playing it drives me nuts not seeing thigns currectly, and the way that iTunes helps you organize things also drives me nuts that things like the genre are not currect. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that can search my iTunes library, or my music on my hard drive and find the proper info, then put it all in place for me... its hard to do it yourself when you have 10,000 songs.

thank you.

There's no such thing, sadly. I'd simply edit the info in batches. You don't have to edit all the 10'000 tracks at once...

(Please don't further PM me with questions that belong in the thread.)

Well... there is a SLIGHT exception to this rule....

If you have ripped all of the tracks of a CD (Because you ripped the whole album... because you OWN it, don't you? ;) ), then you can select all of the tracks of one album by shift-clicking. Once you have all of the tracks selected, from the "Advanced" menu, choose "Get CD Track Names." There you go!

That should help you with most of your library, hopefully.

Back