iTunes Music Store Downloads Top 50 Million Songs

Somewhen April IIRC. I hope they'll make it on time and give me a free iPod mini for no particular reason! :D

Well, I bet they will do it. They said that 50 mil is without the Pepsi Promotion. I wonder how many downloads they garnered from the promotion.

I think Apple should also include free iTunes CDs at strategic locations like AOL does. This would definitely help in terms of spreading the word.

At the launch of iTunes for Windows on Oct. 16, 2003, Jobs set a goal to reach 100 million songs by April 28, the one-year anniversary of the Music Store. Consequently, all winning caps from the Apple/Pepsi promotion must be redeemed by April 30, 2004.

im sure the 100 million target will be reached... and success will continue :)

i think this says it all:
Apple is the only company to offer a complete solution for buying, managing and listening to digital music anywhere with the unique combination of the iTunes digital music jukebox software, the pioneering iTunes Music Store and the market-leading iPod™ and iPod mini digital music players. All work seamlessly together to make the new digital music era accessible to everyone.

diablojota said:
Well, I bet they will do it. They said that 50 mil is without the Pepsi Promotion. I wonder how many downloads they garnered from the promotion.

I think Apple should also include free iTunes CDs at strategic locations like AOL does. This would definitely help in terms of spreading the word.

They use to give out iTunes cd's at Best Buy....haven't checked in awhile

ccuilla said:
Okay, just so we get this out of the way early...as I recall it...when Steve made the 100 million song "goal" is was kind of a joke. It was kind of like "Hey, why don't we go for 100 million!" I don't believe it was stated as an "official" goal.

Whew. Now no one will be upset and wringing their hands over this.

lol

No hand wringing intended. ;)

(I was just reading the BBC site and thought it was relevant to the thread.)

bbloke said:
lol

No hand wringing intended. ;)

(I was just reading the BBC site and thought it was relevant to the thread.)

Nah. Didn't necessarily mean you. Just the general hand wringing that is about to happen. ;)

Anyone know how the gift certificates/allowances/pre paid cards fit into the mix. I would assume Apple is counting these as downloads as well. That is the only way the soundscan numbers could be so screwed up. Anyone know what happened to those pepsi evo skins that supposedly where supposed to be involved in the deal? Or where those corporate gifts for employees or something?

Has anyone been keeping track of these milestone announcements? I was kinda wondering what the graph would look like for downloads...

Back