iTunes Music Store error on OSX 10.4

nikolaic

Registered
Ever since i just installed Tiger on my 550mhz G4 Powerbook Titanium i have been having trouble logging into the iTunes music store (iTunes 4.7.1) and have been unable to purchase music, and just plain not log in. When i attempt to log in and or purchase a song i enter my username and password and a dialog box opens. "iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. An unknown error occurred (-25294). Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I have verified all of my connections, and firewall, etc, but to no avail. A prompt response would be much appreciated.. Sincerely, Nikolai Chowdhury, webmaster@nikolai.biz

Hi, thanks for the advice to upgrade to itunes 4.8 but it didnt help one bit, still the same error. On the apple site, there is no description for the error numer either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nikolai Chowdhury

I have an identical problem ie "iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. An unknown error occurred (-25294)" .Has anyone found a soluton to it ???

nikolaic,

I'm curious, so I hope you will forgive me for stating the obvious: Since Tiger came out, Apple has released a free iTunes update numbered 4.8 Why are you still using version 4.7.1? I immediately updated to iTunes 4.8 figuring that Apple had made bug fixes/changes to accomodate Tiger. Have you considered trying this as a solution to your problems? HTH.

Regards,
albtross, former programmer/analyst, now disabled

I have the same problem of not being able to log in to the iTunes music store since I upgraded to osx 10.4. I just upgraded to iTunes 5.0 and the problem persists. This is the only place where I've found mention of this problem anywhere on the web. I'm delaying upgrading my home computer to Tiger until this gets sorted. Any ideas?? I'm a very regular user of the iTunes music store and this is turning into a real hassle.

Back