iTunes Music Store in Europe in October

Ugg

Registered
http://mactechnews.de/

The article is in German but essentially states that they have learned from an EMI exec in Switzerland that Apple is planning on a Europe wide opening of the iTunes Music Store in October and that it will be probably launched at the same time the Windows version is. A big marketing push will take place as well, tying in the iPod with iTMS and (hopefully, according to me, not them!) the new macs.

They don't say anything about pricing or which countries it will be available in.

?

At this point it looks like it will be the same as in the US, all online. It will be very interesting to see how they deal with the differing VAT rates as well as the licensing issues.

I've heard rumors that Apple plans on opening stores in Europe in '04 and there have been rumors about the iTunes kiosks where you can go and burn CDs or upload into your iPod, but those are rumors at this point.

I don't see a big connection between Apple retail stores and the iTMS in Europe.

However: I want my iTMS Europe.

So do I, but an AppleStore would also be nice... :D

I think that there will be some interval between the announcements of the iTMS Europe and European AppleStores, for marketing reasons, so they will be in the spotlight twice.
I can imagine, however that the M$ version and the European iTMS will be coupled, since they are essentially two aspects of the same product: no gain in separating those.

Back