itunes music store SLOW

I just bought a new iMac and i want to use the itunes music store, but I can't! I open up itunes and click on the music store and it says "accessing music store." so i wait.... and wait... and wait... and still wait... and nothing happens. once i had the patience to wait about 15 minutes to load the itunes music store, and it successfully loaded. then i click on something, and then i wait... and wait.. and wait.
I have a T1 line so it can't be my bandwidth speed. I also turned off my firewall and still nothing happens. I called my internet provider to ask if i had to use a proxy server, and he said no.
Any help? PLEASE! my ipod is on its way and i have no music!

thats very strange, it should load in seconds at the most with a good connection.

are you at a college that has some deal with napster or something? I wouldnt be surprised if a condition of it is no other music stores on the network

fbp_ said:
thats very strange, it should load in seconds at the most with a good connection.

are you at a college that has some deal with napster or something? I wouldnt be surprised if a condition of it is no other music stores on the network

hmm... sounds like an interesting theory. but how likely can that be? does napster really have the power to block people from viewing apple's music store?
also, i found out that it's only through this internet provider (paetec.net) that i cannot access the music store. using the computer throught the neighbors network access (cox) i could easily access the store. maybe i should call them and ask what's up.

Back