itunes not recognizing audio cd's, and unable to burn with itunes

Icedtrip

Registered
I have not been able to burn cd's with itunes for a little while. It happened shortly after I installed Toast Ti. Beta for OS X. The itunes I am using is for OS X as well, of course. Another effect of this is that no audio cd's are being recognized on my computer, but itunes or anything. they'r not even showing in the finder. Can someone help me figure this one out. I have deleted and reinstalled itunes with no success of solving the problem. Thanks!

I have burned audio and data cd's with Titanium beta, also my itunes will burn audio cd too. they are both installed and running fine. i didn't seem to have any problems with either of them.

i apologize. I should have mentioned the hardware I have, as well as more details. i was in a hurry. I have a G4 533DP with 384MB RAM. The burner is the Apple installed one within the computer. itunes recognizes the drive under the advanced tab in preferences as Matshita CD-RW CW-7586. Toast Ti. Beta actually works just fine. It works great as a matter of fact, but I want to be able to use itunes burning as well. itunes can be easier if i am in itunes with a playlist made for a friend. The most annoying thing is the inability for it to even rocognize audio CD's. The audio CD's don't even show up in OS X's finder as a CD. Other program CD's do, however, show up. I don't have any other devices connected to the computer other than the basics, Monitor, speakers, keyboard, etc.

Update - just tried itunes again...it is recognizng the audio CD's now(go figure...who knows!!), but I just tried to burn a CD and it produced this error

"CD burning failed because an unknown error occurred (-36)"

Toast burns without a problem...but this error occurred after I had already deleted Toast. Help!!

Hey, well I have an external Lacie CD-RW and it burns in both apps. Sorry I can't be of any help. I would have thought they would make sure there "apple" products like your cd burner worked before third party ones like Lacie. Sorry. Did you try calling apple help? If you purchased OX 10 they will still ofer support. Maybe give them a call.

Back