iTunes on next RAZR!

Seems the ROKR is the only one with a dedicated iTunes key, though... I guess iTunes on the Moto phones goes the way of other phones' media player software: It'll just be another feature to advertise and hope to lure some buyers - not really "the next big thing in music" like the iPod was... At least until phone makers "get it".

If Apple, or someone, made a phone with iTunes playback AND the iPod dock connector, I'd buy it in a heart beat. Just think, compatibility with all your existing iPod accessories!

I think the limitations of Moto's phones show that Apple does not intend anyone to _really_ get onto iPod's success, so it could only be Apple, really.

Btw.: TheRegister has a nice pic up on their page about the new RAZR that looks like an Apple iPod nano ad and reads: "Yes the phone Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are still f**ing missing. iPod nano."

see ad here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/08/razr_gets_itunes/ (have to click on the pic to see a bigger version)

fryke said:
(That's why it wasn't in that list, garymum4d...)
Yes, but the original statement by clamshellibooks was "I'm getting a little confused with all the names of the new RAZR's". Not "I'm getting a little confused with all the names of the new iTunes phones"

Ah, okay. But mi5moav was obviously not listing the RAZRs, rather the iTunes-enabled phones. Hence my sarcastic comment. ;)

And while we're discussing Motorola's naming convetion, how about that Motorola PEBL, eh? EH?

I remember readins somewhere that the PEBL is made to texturally feel natural, and it flips open slowly, rather than just a quick flip.

Hi,

In response to an earlier post, the RAZR V3i with iTunes will actually have a dedicated iTunes key.

There'll be two versions of the phone, one with Motorola's media player andone with iTunes. On the iTunes version, the messaging key will be replaced with a dedicated iTunes key like on the ROKR.

Simple: Most carriers don't really like iTunes, because they can't make any money off of it.

They might actually phase out the ROKR (this is just personal speculation) since it wasn't as acceptedfor it's poor performance with iTunes. And the new phones that come with iTunes might have some improvements that make it moreof a reason to get rid of the ROKR. The ROKR seemed to me like a marketing tactic for Apple and Motorola, not something that was actually meant to be sold in mass quantities...something akin to the Mac TV or the 20th Anniversary Macintosh. :D

A "marketing tactic"? You mean they wanted to alienate all possible buyers in order not to sell too many of all following iTunes-phones? See, it sucks, so look the other way, please?

Well the Razr looks nice, but yet again, i might have to send mine back for another new one because I get electronic interference. Much like the sound you hear when your cell comes over your radio speakers. And whoever I'm talking to can hear it too. I don;t plan on buying another one of these phones. They look nice, but the lack of features and this damn problem has steered me clear of them when I'm ready for a new phone.

Back