itunes on the desktop

Browni

Registered
Ever since i found Adium X i like having things on my desktop, with my changing desktop b.g.

What i would like is iTunes on the desktop, I use party shuffle, so i would liek that infomation on the desktop. Any Way i can do that. Im on 10.3 so no widgets :(

PS: wasnt there some way to get info thu the terminal and show it on the desktop?

Browni said:
Ever since i found Adium X i like having things on my desktop, with my changing desktop b.g.

What i would like is iTunes on the desktop, I use party shuffle, so i would liek that infomation on the desktop. Any Way i can do that. Im on 10.3 so no widgets :(

PS: wasnt there some way to get info thu the terminal and show it on the desktop?

What exactly do you mean by 'on the desktop'?

Like how you can have you adium contact list on the desktop. i would like the party shuffle widnow on the desktop or just what track is comming up next.

OK geek log can output a contnse of a txt file, so how do feed a text file the curret 'playlist' in itunes? Shell command?

no, i second the synergy suggestion. its great! you can set up the function keys (or any keys) for any itunes function, and it's got great displays for the song changing, which you can also bring up (on mine ) with F6, and there's buttns in the menu bar which are customisable - makes itunes complete. well worth a look. seriuosly. it might be what you subconciously want, if not the desktop thing.

SonicSwap myTunes could sort of almost do something similar, kinda. Find it here:
http://tinyurl.com/abn62

Also, miniTunes could be worth checking out.
http://zoffware.com/

None of these stay on your desktop, but there is a cool feature in "Windowshade X" that will let you keep any window on top of all others, regardless of application. I know that's the opposite from what you asked for, but I thought I would mention it anyway. If you have a large enough screen, you could have myTunes or miniTunes floating on top all the time, so you always know what you're listening to...

Back