iTunes: Order of albums of an artist

Jorg

Registered
Hi,

I am currently organizing all of my MP3s in iTunes. Ordering songs from an album is pretty clear: There is a track number field in the Get Info screen to specify the correct order.

However, thus far I was unable to order the albums from an artist in the way I want (chronological rather than alphabetized). I would like to name the folders of the album starting with a number (this makes the files play in the correct order on my other MP3 players), but I would rather not name the album itself starting with a number, as this looks rather odd in iTunes. I *do* want iTunes to show the albums in the correct order as well though.

So:
- Foldernames of albums starting with a number (like: 01 FirstAlbum, 02 SecondAlbum, etc.)
- Preferably no numbers in album names in iTunes (just: FirstAlbum, SecondAlbum)
- Let iTunes show the albums in the correct order in the Album column (not alphabetical)

Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

This has been a major gripe for me since I've started using iTunes. Basically, what we need is an option to have the tracks sorted primarily by artist (alpha) and secondarily by year (numeric), and thirdly by song number on the album (numeric). I also agree to the impracticality of renaming the Album folders in my Music directory. I'd be indebted to whoever has the answer to this issue.

Maybe a feature request for iTunes 4.7?

Huh. Kinda weird that this feature isn't alredy implimented, especially considering there is a "Year" field in the MP3 tags, eh?

I haven't tried this, but would presume you first show "year" in your library. Sort by that, then by artist. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Back