iTunes: Pause inbetween songs

Androo

Yeah, Androo.
hey.... you kno that really annoying pause inbetween tracks on itunes? is there a way to get rid of it? cuz its kinda ruining the effect on one of my cds, its supposed to go into the next song instantly, which is usually cool.
Is there some program to get rid of that pause or something?
thnx,
'Droo

For tunes already ripped I don't know. But when you rip a CD there is an option in the advanced menu to join CD tracks. I think this works

Before burning your CD, while you are in the playlist, open up iTunes Preferences (from the iTunes menu) and click on the "Burning" tab. Under "Disc Format" there is an option for the gap between songs...you can change it from there, to one second, for example, or "none" for no gap between tracks, if that's what you want.

Hope i could help,

JS

if the cd is already burned that way, you can always use the crossfader iguess - preferences -> effects. although you might wind up with some nasty changes, depending on wich way your music ends, meaning; if the music listended to have natural a fade effect at the end this will sound cool(you wont really notice the change..), wether it wont if you're listning to something with quick endings with no fades and quick starts, since both will be played at the same time.. of course you can always adjust the crossfade to almost only remove your gap between the songs, if you know exactly how long thees gaps are..

alex.

okay thnx guys.... i tried the crossfade, it didnt have the same effect because it faded into the first 2 seconds of the song :(
Maybe ill just upload the cds again:)

The best you can do is actually turn crossfading ON, but set it to ZERO seconds. This way, it plays ALMOST back to back. Hopefully this will help. It's not continuous, but it's much better than before, works for me, and makes "Abbey Road" a little bit easier to listen to on iTunes.

Back