iTunes Plus

supanatral

Registered
What is in iTunes Plus then the regular iTunes?

When I add an entire season of a show into iTunes, I have to individually go through each episode and tell it the name of the show, the season number, the episode number and chage it to be a TV show instead of a movie. Can iTunes plus mass edit video files so that I can select the entire season and give it the show name and season number all at once?

I think iTunes Plus give you access to the DRM-free and high-rate music files than you would get with regular iTunes.

Yep, "iTunes Plus" is just the name for that new DRM-free 256 kbps AAC format. iTunes asks you to set your preference when you first buy an iTunes Plus track. AFAIK the album price is the same as for a regular iTunes album, but the single tracks cost a little more.

I'm not too sure what DRM-free is but after a quick google, i found a site that talked about it. From what I read, it looks like after you download something from iTunes Plus, your now allowed to take the song use it out of iTunes. Is that right?

If it is then its about time!!!! I've refused to download anything from iTunes just because of the fact that you own a song but your restricted to using it.

DRM (Digital Rights Management) is copy protection. Songs
of the "plus" persuasion aen't copy protected.

And they're of higher quality than the run-of-the-mill M4Ps
that iTunes serves up: 256 kbps AAC encoding vs 128.

Exactly. Now we hope that independents as well as the other big co's add iTunes Plus tracks as well. Because that's the way to go, of course.

A lot of the indie labels are just as suspicious/scared of file sharing and its effect on their revenue model as the big labels. I still develop sites for indie musicians who say, "How can I stream my music without allowing people to download it?" Mmmm, anybody with two brain cells to rub together can steal your music -- get over it.

The hope with the indies is that their revenue models can be sufficiently different from the majors that they can figure out how to adjust. But everyone's going to have to take a leap here.

Back