iTunes problem

genogalli

Registered
I have a big problem with iTunes with regard to CDs. All of the sudden (since Saturday), when I try and play a CD, iTunes "unexpectedly quits" after one song. Same thing with importing songs from a CD - one song and it crashes. I threw iTunes away and downloaded the newest version. Popped in a CD and bang - one song and it quits. Frustrated, I tried listening to my CDs on my 1Ghz iMac (had been using my newest gen iBook) - one song, "unexpectedly quits". I'm not having problems with any other applications and I've run Disk Utility. Anyone know what's going on, and more importantly, how I can fix it!

Is it one of those copy-protected CDs? Check for a ring on the outer edge of the CD, and if there is one, it might just be copy-protected, meaning you won't be able to play it in your computer without taking certain measures.

If you're unsure about the ring on the CD, you can also check the CD case; it's required that if a CD is copy-protected there has to be a notification on the case.

Try a different CD. If it works, then don't play the problem CD on your computer anymore.

I've tried with several different CDs, ones that I know that will work (as i've ripped them in the past) but still - "unexpectedly quits" Grr... I guess I'll just need to keep fiddling...

Did you just update to 4.01 on saturday? I'm still using 4.0 because the last update made iTunes produce a beachball everytime i clicked the next or back buttons. 4.0 works fine.
Also, have you gotten rid of the iTunes files in ~/Library/ ?? The prefs file could be corrupted.

Back