itunes question

banditcosmo

Registered
I have a bunch of mp3's (about 6000) from my Windows pc on an external firewire drive. I have the mp3's in folders the following way:
Letter > artist >album
How can I open the mp3's in iTunes in the same folders I already created?
When I use add to library it dumps all the songs in one list.
Thanks, Tony

If you import the songs into iTunes it will use the ID3 info tags from within the Mp3 file. You can then use the browse button to look through these by artist, album or genre.

If you haven't set the ID3 tags correctly, you can do it album-by-album, like this:

- Make sure the disk containing the Mp3 files is writeable. The ID3 tags are part of the Mp3 file.
- Make a new blank playlist and select it. The song list display should be blank.
- Select all the songs of a particular album & artist in the Finder
- Drag them onto the iTunes song list and they will be imported into the playlist as well as into the library.
- Select all the songs in the list
- Press command-I and enter the appropriate information for that album. This will update the Mp3 tags to the correct info.
- delete the playlist, leaving the songs in the library. They should now have the correct information.

Thanks Symphonix,
The browse button is what I needed.
I still have a lot of file tagging to do since a lot of my mp3's have messed up tags but the browse button definitely helps as does the "command-I".

Back