iTunes reporting screwy bitrates - need fix for files

GrBear

Registered
I encoded about a dozen music CD's at the office, and brought them home to load up onto my computer. I used a reg'd verison of MusicMatch Plus 7.2 on my Windoze box, using high quality VBR mode. After loading them into iTunes 3, it reports the bitrates as being 30-100 kbps, and the track lengths as being xx:xx minutes long (say 35 minutes for a actual 4 minute song). Otherwise iTunes plays them fine, even if the position slider doesn't scale properly to the song.

Is there any program out there for OS X that I might try to see if it will correct the headers of the MP3's?

Worst case, I'll re-encode the CD's under iTunes, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

that's just an effect of VBR, iTunes and Audion alike seem to calculate a sort of average, which really does not matter...In Audion, the time changes constantly while playing, so does bitrate.

Originally posted by DMCrimson
that's just an effect of VBR, iTunes and Audion alike seem to calculate a sort of average, which really does not matter...In Audion, the time changes constantly while playing, so does bitrate.
Yeah, the problem of course is when you want to burn a audio CD from mp3's with iTunes, it'll think you can only put on 2-3 songs because of the length of each track.

iTunes doesn't seem to have any problems with the VBR files it creates though.

Back