iTunes Sharing Problem with Wireless

alamunky

Registered
I have a Netgear Wireless router, and I'm connected on campus on the school network. However, I can't get the shared music to show up on my iTunes whenever I'm on the wireless. I've plugged an ethernet cable into my laptop and the sharing option will show up, so I'm sure this is mainly an issue with my laptop and the wireless router. However, I've been searching this forum and the rest of the internet on how to fix this, but nothing has worked. I've tried to disable firewall, open up ports, etc. I may be doing it all wrong, but I'm not really sure. Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can resolve this?

um. a router implies seperate networks... itunes sharing is limited to the Local network. hence it won't work through a router. um. it may work if the subnet is the same (ie 160.140.20.* both for the campus, and inside the router... not sure if that will work though...

Um. i dont get it. you replied.. then corrected yourself? or did you edit?

anywho. i think maybe Airport (or Express) would work, as I don't think it's an actual router, but an access point. maybe you could get a cheaper "common" access point to achieve the same results...

Pengu said:
Um. i dont get it. you replied.. then corrected yourself? or did you edit?

I think I was replying at almost the same time as you. After I first replied I saw your answer and realized you had the correct answer.

well, i'm mainly using the router as an access point because i don't exactly have an ethernet cable long enough to connect to where my laptop is in the room. is there a solution with that in mind?

Back