iTunes sound distortion

berniek

Registered
Just recently my apple itunes has started playing all my songs with distortion, the distortion can be described as an undercurrent static that plays throughout the whole song.
i have tried other programs which play music, and they do not have any distortion this problem only seems to be isolated when playing with itunes.

not that i know of, i have checked my windows equalizer as well as the itunes equalizer, toggling the slide bars and using normal preset settings does not make the static go away.

i have also updated my itunes and reinstalled my soundcard drivers, but to no avail.

the static also changes to the rhythm of the song, its not that noticeable when the sound is up loud, but when the music is softer it is easily noticed.

berniek said:
not that i know of, i have checked my windows equalizer as well as the itunes equalizer,
That means you are on Windows yes?

On the Mac you can rebuild the Library this way, on Windows I couldn't tell you sorry but may work the same, but in the iTunes folder inside the music folder, remove the file iTunes Library. Save an empty simple text document in the iTunes folder named iTunes Library, launch itunes and it will rebuild it's library, and hopefully remove any distortion you have encountered

I had this iTunes distortion problem on my Mac too. I tried a bunch of things, but finally, a friend told me to just turn off the equalizer. (View, Show Equalizer, off toggle). I had played with it to no avail, but it hadn't occurred to me to turn it off. After a while, I went back and selected a preset equalizer setting. I don't know why it got messed up in the first place, but it's fine now.

Back