iTunes store email

pensfan

Registered
I want to ditch the email account I have with my ISP and use only Mobile Me. I've been successful with this in everything but the iTunes store.
I am using 10.5.8 with iTunes 8.2.1 on an Intel iMac.
When I'm on the store, I notice my account is [username]@ISP.com
I want it to be [username]@me.com so I get my receipts and notifications sent there.
When I click on change email in the iTunes account pane, I get the following message:
"You cannot change this account to use an existing MobileMe address. If you would like to use your MobileMe account you can cancel and Sign in using your MobileMe account information."
I do that, but when I buy something, it STILL sends the receipt to my [username]@ISP.com address.
How in the world do I fix this?
And yes, my AppleID is my MobileMe address.

iTunes > Store > View My Account > Apple Account Information
> Apple ID [your old email address here] [edit account info]-button --> email address type the email address you want to use here. Save, done.

As I noted, I had done that, but it won't let me change it. It keeps giving me an error message, which I described in previous post. I don't really care which address shows in the store, but I want the receipts and what not to go to my MobileMe address. And they continue to go to my ISP address no matter what I try.

Back