Itunes... who designed this?

As a newbie who does not have a Ipod, I think Itunes kicks! I have loaded all my music on my ibook with relative ease. & if i do get an Ipod I believe it will be simply easy & fast to load the pod

Yes it will. And since you're using it as intended by Apple, it'll work perfectly.

Right. back on topic.

I think i know exactly what SuperTyphoon is trying to do, and it won't work for a specific reason.

Using ***, SuperTyphoon, are you trying to drag and drop from inside the *** database? as mentioned before, this won't work. what wasn't mentioned was the reason, which i am almost certain is ***. *** is Java written. this means that the code is wonderfully crossplatform, and requires very little work to be cross-platform. the downside is that i's clunky and amateurish in appearance and functionality. this also means that drag and drop doesn't work to how you would want it to (ie from within a Java environment to a Windows environment and then into a largly mac-based environment.).

there is, however, simple solution. in the library section of ***, is a button lableled 'explore'. clicking this will open the folder in which the downloads reside. now you can drag and drop happily, and the next time your ipod is connected, auto-sync will transfer this new song across.

perfect. (nearly) the point is that this is a Java issue (i don't like Java much), not an iTunes issue. iTunes is doing exactly what it's meant to do.

if you want even better functionality, use the iTunes Music Store and pay for your bloody music.... you get full syncing, full, high-res artwork and perfect Tags.

but i wouldn't condone that sort of thing. i've recently stopped using ***. i don't like priacy.

I used to use ***, but lately I haven't had the need to download music of software in that fashion. iTunes gives me everything I need music-wise for a good price, and I've moved on to using open source apps if I can't afford the real thing (it's also given me a clear conscience in that respect :p). Yeah, OpenOffice 2.0 for the Mac is clunky, but it works for me. Don't really need Office for the Mac.

we don't even _talk_ about piracy here on macosx.com. Read the board rules.

thank you fryke :S

i won't talk any more about **, **, **, **, ** or any other P2P service i can think of :p

[Edit by fryke: Sorry. It's not that I actually _want_ to edit your posts...]

Yeah, I was just sharing how I've changed my ways (actually, this forum was a catalyst for that). I wouldn't dream of talking on HOW to do it.

The reason that functionality was not built into iTunes was because Apple did not want people to steal music. Even before they opened the music store piracy was a concern. There is shareware like Anapod to hack iTunes to work as suggested; but convincing Apple to change based on your problem is not likely to happen. Although, you can try.

So here is my question to Moderators: Why are the majority of questions seen in this forum from PC user's problems with iTunes when this is a Mac support site?

Lt Major Burns said:
thank you fryke :S

i won't talk any more about **, **, **, **, ** or any other P2P service i can think of :p

[Edit by fryke: Sorry. It's not that I actually _want_ to edit your posts...]

i didn't write that! :p my post had all the names all the illegal p2p things i could think of....

::angel::

Super,

I have never used iTunes for PC. So I'm guessing it must be really different.
My Apple iTunes Can do everything you were looking to do.

Back