Itunes will never work for DJ's..

Registered
Itunes has singles on it's service but I highly doubt they will ever carry a bunch of remixes of the same song. DJ's need to preview songs within days or at least a week of it being released.

I don't think that's a market that Apple is going for but maybe in time. The iTunes service is the equivalent of Virgin/HMV type of thing.

And cabbage there are some fantastic remixes out there. Maybe not your thing but I just got the Le Tigre remixes CD, woo!

I was referring to electronic music. Sorry. Not radio dj's that play hip hop.

Remixes? We're not talking about covers of old songs. All trance, house, etc have multiple remixes on release. Some suck, some don't. I think you're thinking I meant like a trance remix of a slow song or something.

Depends on the style of djing. For the art I'd never give up the Technics ... (yes, vinyl players) ...

believe it or not 033 there is a lot more out there than pop and dj music and electronic music ;)

I think with remixes 033 is talking about different versions of the same song but changed by other DJs. Like Emerge from Fischerspooner, it was remixed about 8 times I think, well, at least I have 4 remixes ;) 4 on vinyl, 6 in iTunes (but two that are also on vinyl). Should anyone care, Dave Clarke remix is the best!

DJ'ing can never be the goal of Apple because every somewhat decent DJ makes his music with vinyl records. I don't think I ever saw a big DJ using CDs (and since Belgium is the techno-capital of the world I've seen quite a few :D)

Grtz,
.anerki

Well.. my gripe is not really with Apple. But the RIAA killed Napster, then Audiogalaxy, and now all we have left is Soulseek. We suffer because everyone won't pay for their pop music.

AG was so great. I miss those days. It was so easy to preview vinyl and download dj mixes.

Audiogalaxy? And how did you pay for your downloads there, or on Napster for the matter?

You say you suffer from people not paying for music in the way that you cannot find illegal copies of remixes? That sounds twisted to me...

Btw. Up until now, there's always been two replacement services for one vanishing.

-- *cough* ... damn fryke *cough* -g.

Originally posted by fryke
Audiogalaxy? And how did you pay for your downloads there, or on Napster for the matter?

You say you suffer from people not paying for music in the way that you cannot find illegal copies of remixes? That sounds twisted to me...

Btw. Up until now, there's always been two replacement services for one vanishing.

I think what 033 means is that there is stuff out there that is virtually impossible to find in record stores. I.e. remixes often only pressed on vinyl and produced in very small numbers.
Finding and downloading these is not going to hurt either the artist or the record company since there is no real alternative.

Mm.

That's exactly what I meant. And the thing is we get penalized because everyone won't pay for their pop music. Because it IS pop music that the RIAA cares about. it's their cash crop.

I doubt they care if I downloaded a Ayumi Hamasaki MP3 of a limited 500 press vinyl.

Look at it this way. 10 years ago the pirate scene was exclusive. Everyone contributed and it was never about stealing. It was a game. Nowadays with the web you got everyone and their mom trying to get free stuff that SHOULD be paying for it.

Originally posted by 033

I doubt they care if I downloaded a Ayumi Hamasaki MP3 of a limited 500 press vinyl.

Well, if it were available through iTunes, would you buy it? With Apple's store the music world has a chance to change itself dramatically. If Apple is willing to carry independents then why does anyone need to sign with a record label? All you would need to do is have a concert/event promoter to handle your tours/appearances.

Back