iTunes won't let me burn CDs

jeepster485

Hit any user to continue
I have been trying to burn a CD in iTunes and it starts to go and then stops right when the burning is supposed to start. The CD ejects and an error dialogue pops up saying "CD burning failed because an unknown error occurred (-2147352542)." Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it so I can burn a CD? Thanks.

You could try repairing the permissions.

Another good thing to do is to update to X.2.5 using the combo updater which gives added support for external drives and also varies other updates.

Also are you using iTunes 3.0.1.

Another thing that I found after I updated was that some things didn't seem to work as well or properly after the update all I did was check the HD drive with disk first aid and then repair the permissions again and this fixed all the problems for me.

I tried the disk permissions repair and was able to burn a CD successfully first try; first time since getting this computer 1.5 months ago. Each time I tried to burn a CD, the first attempt resulted in a crazy error and the second was usually successful. With this latest attempt, it did it first try. Thanks for the suggestions......

My question now is how did repairing disk permissions make it work? What exactly makes the disk permissions so important that it would stop me from burning an audio CD?

Back