iTunes won't let me rename some tags

Veljo

Mac Enthusiast
I have a few MP3s that I copied from a friend's computer and iTunes won't let me rename the artist/track name. It will change, but when you start the song playing again it reverts to what it used to be. Any ideas (this only happens with the MP3's I got off a friend's computer).

Some of the tags are kept as ID3 tags stored inside the MP3 file itself. These usually can't be changed if the MP3 file is read-only, for instance if you are reading them off a CD. Find the MP3 files in the finder and press Command-I to display file info, then set the privileges to allow you to write to the file.

symphonix said:
Some of the tags are kept as ID3 tags stored inside the MP3 file itself. These usually can't be changed if the MP3 file is read-only, for instance if you are reading them off a CD. Find the MP3 files in the finder and press Command-I to display file info, then set the privileges to allow you to write to the file.
Thanks you were right. The privileges of the files that I couldn't edit were Read Only. Changed them, now it works a charm! Thanks again.

Back