Itunes

marieanna

Registered
hi,
my ibook G4 has a real big problem with iTunes. It always freezes after a while. I can't listen to CDs (purchased or burnt), I can't import them, I can't play songs from the library... can you please help me?
thank you very much,
best,
marie.

which os you're running and thus which version of iTunes ?

are the pref of iTunes directed to where your ltunes library is located what are you pref set up for importing music from cd's ?

please provide more information and try to use the search features in this forum you might find the answer

my ibook runs os x v10.4, and i did a itunes update recently, so it must be the last version. i have the standard prefs, that is, those which were already set up. i'm really not good at troubleshooting... this is my first mac, i just bought it. sorry, can't provide you more info.
thx for help.
marie

try checking apple support you might be able to narrow down where the problem comes from

and /or delete the pref files(plist) called :
com.apple.itunes.plist
com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist
com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist
com.apple.iTunes.000d93b48900.plist (or with whatever number)

you will find these in user>YOU>library>preferences (YOU being the user are logged in to your MAC)

hope this helps

thx!!! i will try your suggestions...
but to complicate everything now, my ibook doesn't even recognize my cds any more.... it did that before. i ran disk utility's repair permission, then it worked again, and now it's dead again... hm. i'm not made for using macs... :-(
thx anyway,
marie.

Create a new user account on your system
(System Pref's/Accounts/and click on the + button)
Log into the new account and try to use itunes and see if the system reads disks. If it does then it a Plist issue and and should trash the files what Gigs recommends.

If the problem still on the system it will be a system wide issue and you it best to do:-
-Boot to install disk one and run DFA
( Hold C button and keep holding till u see apple screen when u hear the chime > select english as main lang > select utility > disk utility > select mac HD > Repair disk and disk permission
- Safe boot, this take a while to boot to but it may fix the issue
( Shift button on chime and hold until apple screen appers)
- Boot to singel user mode and ran fsck -fy
( Apple + S on chime keep holding till apple. Type fsck -fy and press enter. the system will ran a dionstic and at the end it will say " Mac appears to be ok"
then type mac-boot or reboot to exit.
If say's the that "mac HD has been modified and type fsck -fy again untill it does say "Mac HD appears ok")

i hope this helps
:)

Back