Itunes

willibook1.42

Registered
I am wanting to back up my itunes library to dvd so that i can free up some space on my hard drive, where do i find the files to copy and am i safe to then delete from my HD

I am also wanting to do this with Iphoto files and anything else on my mac that i do not need every day

can you please instruct me on the best way to do this

thanks,

will

if you selected in itunes the option to organize your music folders, then all the music it uses is in one place. if not, you are going to have to go through each song and do a "get info" on it to deterine it's location.

BUT, if you did select the organize into folders option for itunes, you can do a get info on any song to make sure, but the default place for the music is in your user Music>iTunes.

i could be wrong. i am simply going on my memory. can someone confirm this? i use windoze machines at work ::evil::

the iphoto library should also be in one place, in your user Pictures>iPhoto or something like that.

iTunes files should be in your Music folder, copy iTUNES music and keep the rest on the HD but i'm not sure you'll then be able to listen to them from a DVD it works fine from an external HD once you tell itunes where to locate the library check preferences > advanced > general >Itunes Music folder location : click change see if the dvd is a suitable location before deleting the music folder....

iPhoto 2 folders in pictures (iPhoto Library) and documents (iPhoto) but I believe they should be physically on the internal HD

maybe this could help for iphoto : http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256244

Back