itunes4 importing lock up

moav

Hunter of Muffins
We'll my girlfriend finally submitted broke down and bought a mac... for the agony = ) I bought her a new ipod yesterday. Today I have been trying to import her cd collection (only about 200 cds) and then transfer them to her ipod. The first 10-20 cds went without a hitch. However, no I am having major issues with itunes. Once itunes starts importing a track it could be track 1, 5 or any # the spinning beach ball comes up and itunes basically becomes inaccesible. Menu commands can not be triggered and all you hear is itunes trying to access the disk. The first time i waited 15 minutes and nothing so I tried to force quit with the three finger salute(nada) I can now force quite itunes from the dock but I want to figure out whats going on. The problem occurs after itunes has accessed the net and downloaded the appropriate track info. Any ideas?? Also, can any woman fit the ipod ear buds in their ears... I told her to just use duck tape to hold them in... she wasn't to pleased with that answer.

Thanks

Back