iWeb questions

eliezer

Registered
Hi,

I have iLife '06 and have some questions regarding iWeb:

1) Is it possible to edit themes or create new themes?
2) In the navigation bar is it possible to subcategories within the main nav. links? (for example, on this site forums is in the navigation bar and below it are some sub categories, "site forums", "newsgroups", etc.)
3) On some themes, the navigation is right at the top of the page. Is it possible to move it below the page header? This probably needs to be done by editing the theme (otherwise i'd have to do the same thing for each page, which would be annoying).

I realise that iWeb is a very new program and that most people have never used it.

Thanks in advance if you do manage to answer any of my questions.

Elie

I have used it as well.. and I know that the themes are not editabe as of yet. I think in future release they will be - HOWEVER, if you have a web developement application like GoLive - you can create your web site first in iWeb - then make design changes in goLive. Most of the grunt work will be done in iWeb and Golive can be used to finishup what you want..

To kinda of add to that - yo ucan open the package content - right click - show package content or Control Click show package content.. then drill down - way down to the themes and edit them directly. I strongly recommend against that, but up to you. Always make a copy before you tinker!

If you want that much control, then iWeb probably isn't the best choice of program to use (not it's intent).

Doing the page in iWeb then changing it in another program really is just a waste of time...iWeb writes some of the worst code ever seen, almost as bad as Microsoft's FrontPage application. You'd be better off just doing the page in that other program. (( Hopefully version 2 is better, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. ))

This is curious....I wonder if the same goes for Nvu, which is an improvement on the old Mozilla Composer.

you can't really edit the theme in package contents. i've had a look and it's not really possible. you could edit the default pictures in the themes (which is a bit poointless) but that's about it.

Back