Jaguar Bug - Apple says still unresolved - can't read burned CD under Windows

pbmac

MacTV is your friend
I have had problems using my OSX 10.2 burned CDs under Windows. I was able to see the folder structure, but Windows wasn't able to open the folders or read the CD's files.

I called Apple Care and received word from them that this is a current issue that is being worked on.

MAC OS X 10.2 burned CDs cannot be read under windows!!! Check the Apple knowledgebase to look for updates. As of today, Sept. 3, 2002, the Knowledgebase article referring to this problem is still unpublished and has not been made available by Apple.

There is speculation that CDs unde 10.2 are currently being burned in Mac OS Extended Format which therefore makes them unreadable by Windows. Also, changing the CDR's icon will not be permanent as Diskburner will changen the icon back to its default once burning has begun.

Post your thoughts here. Have you found a solution?

- pbmac
matthias@edrich.de

Upon calling Apple I have been given the following keywords which will point to the knowledgebase article once it's been published by Apple.

Search Keywords:
"mac os x cd burn work microsoft windows"

Visit Apple's Support page and enter these keywords to see if the article is available.

- pbmac
matthias@edrich.de

Is this only with discs burned in 10.2 using DiscBurner or using any burning program. If you use Toast do you ahve this problem?

Back