Jaguar-burned CDs no longer readable on PCs

bootedbear

JavaJunkie
I've searched through the other threads regarding CD burning problems, but didn't come across any that match the symptoms I'm experiencing.

Since the Japuar upgrade, any data CDs I burn no longer seem to be readable on Windoze PCs (gotta use one at work -- sigh).

I'm burning folders from my iTunes Library... transferring mp3's to my work PC to play with WinAmp.

The burned CDs read without problem on my iBook and my G4. I've tried burning on both systems (both running Jag) with the same results.

On a PC, the CD mounts and File Explorer will display the names of the folders on the CD, but any attempt to drill down into one of those folders yields an error mesage along the line of:

E:\Bob Seger is not accessible.
The folder was moved or removed.

Anybody else experiencing this type of problem?

Anybody have any suggestions?

By the way, the CDs work fine in the mp3 player in my truck.

befuddled,
bear

YES! 10.2.1 fixed the problem!

Just watch out for files with the " (double-quote) character in their names (which happens, at least for me, often when iTunes rips file to mp3s). Since that's not a valid PC filename character, Windoze refuses to copy the files.

bear

I had problems with the MP3 rip onto CD and then into the DVD player at home. The DVD (the one we currently use, the toshba would play them) player previously would not recognise the tracks and display them on the telly.

It all works like a breeze now, piece of cake.

P.S. DVD players between vendors seem to have strengths in different areas, some play VCD better than others, my cheap one plays better than the one that cost twice as much. Doesn't matter I'm loaded.

Back