Jaguar: changing CD Burning format to ISO not HFS+

C-Fu

Registered
after i upgraded to jaguar i dont know where to change the CDR burning format... anyone care to help?

/Applications/Utilities/Disk Copy has extra options for creating images and burning CDs from them, did you try and play around with that? :)

Disk Copy eh? hmmmm ill give it a try :p

But I dont geddit. I mean, In 10.1 I can just insert a blank CDR, and a menu will popup asking what format do I want to use (ISO or HFS+). But In 10.2 I can't seem to be able to make that menu appear again :(

Check your System Preferences.
One of the preference panes under Hardware is CDs & DVDs.
Is the When you insert a blank CD: option set to Ask what to do?

:)

yup2
and when i insert a blank CDR the default option that pops out is Finder. Then I enter the cdr name, and thats it :confused:

well
when i copied a folder to the disc
i cant read it in windows :(
this is bloody annoying man >_< now I cant organize my files in the cd using folders... grrr
and when i right click on the Disc and choose Get Info
it states my disc as HFS+...

C-Fu,

That sounds like a bug that was discovered in 10.2.0. Have you upgraded to 10.2.3? If not, you really need to.

Doug

Damn

dumb bug... looks like the great jaguar isnt that greater than windows after all...

getting Toast is out of the question, so i have to make a disc image from XP and transfer it via CAT5 cable to Jaguar n burn the disc using the excellent builtin burner. wow -_-'

If you look in the Help files for Jaguar and read the information about burning CDs, it'll tell you the formats the CDs are burned in. When inserting a CD-R and the dialogue pops up asking what application to open, by going to Finder, you just type in the name you want for the CD and it mounts it. If you select Finder, the CD is formatted HFS+ and ISO 6990 or 9660 or something like that. I have successfully been able to burn CDs that way that can be read on PCs with no problems at all. I am running 10.2.2 on my computer.

Back