Jaguar: kernel panic on Cube

Olivs

Registered
hi all
I have installed Jaguar on iMac DV 400, everything works... then I try to put it on my Cube G4, the problems begin...
1. It never asks me to insert the second CD
2. Kernel Panic after the restart, no way to boot from the CD
report error: SH-2.05#
Now I put the 10.1.5 again and it works :confused: :confused: someone know the reason??

The "SH-2.05#" is what Jaguar displays at the end of a single-user boot where you type "/sbin/fsck -y" to run the file consistency check. (I forget what 10.1.5 displayed.) When you get the "SH-2.05#" just type "reboot" and hit Return.

Install suggestions:

First, double-check your Jaguar install CDs and make sure they're clean, free of fingerprints and scratches.
Back up or archive elsewhere any important data on your hard drive, just in case.
Make sure you have plenty of free space on your Cube's hard drive.
Boot from the Jaguar install CD, open Disk Utilities CD, verify your hard drive and run "Repair Disk Permissions" under the "First Aid" tab.

Then reinstall Jaguar using the "Archive and Install" option (It's like the "Clean Install" in pre-OS X). If your Cube has been behaving itself under 10.1.5, check the box under Archive & Install to copy user info to the new system. A Macworld article provides useful guidance: www.macworld.com/2002/10/features/install.html.

Worked for me.

Do you have DAVE 3.1.x installed? I did on 10.1.5 and until I removed it I was getting Kernel Panic errors with my 10.2 upgrade? Just a thought...

Back