Jaguar Shipping

xyz

Registered
According to a report at Think Secret (http://www.thinksecret.com) Jaguar is already shipping to resellers. Apparently (although not specifically stated in the report) at least some have already received the shipments. It is stated that the OS X 10.2 package includes two install CDs and the Developer Tools CD. The fate of OS 9 is not mentioned, i.e., whether the two disk OS X installer installs the classic environment.

Dunno for the US but here in Canada there is no major supplier who had it yet.. Just checked all the major ones this morning
( I work for a Reseller here and I have access to the major canadian suppliers Dbase of product )

Nothing yet..

-Sighter

Resellers are receiving copies, but they have been instructed not to release to the public until Aug. 24th.

Not a big deal - this happens all the time with books and CDs as well...

My Apple reseller is going to have Jaguar on the shelves on August 24th at 10:00 AM. I've already reserved a copy. :D

Don't know if they have received their shipment, though... They said they were ordering copies for everyone that reserved copies, plus 20 extra copies.

well now comes my choice to install it or not over my current system since i have it o_O

ddma: FTP access in the Finder of 6C115 has been defective for users of the ADC seed, meaning that you can mount a volume through 'Connect to Server' with the format ftp://user@host, but you don't have write permissions (even if they're set on the server, of course). Can you try and access an FTP-Server through the Finder you have write access to this way? It'd be interesting to know whether this is a difference between your 'original' build and the one seeded as GM candidate 1.

btw. i have posted this thread to mac.fryke.com as a proof for jaguar=6C115.

fryke: I have tried to log on a ftp server and found that I can only read the volume (can't write). I think this build is exactly the same as the ADC seed.

FYI: I can even preview images even it is a FTP volume! Finder rules!

I have been planning on buying it on August 24th for weeks.

I will be in an Apple store here in Durham that morning waiting for the doors to open.

I can't wait.

I will be crushed if they don't have it.

Of course, if resellers are getting it....I should have no worries about the Apple stores having it.

Of course, I wouldn't get there late. ;)

I can't wait. Every day, I post how many days remain until 10.2 is released on my weblog.

I have made predictions that it will be the biggest selling operating system Apple has ever released. The excitement has been building for a long time now. I am so excited I am wired from it.

Of course that could be the result of a swing shift and lack of sleep, but I like to think there is more to it. ;)

Originally posted by fryke
Minimize in place is _not_ in Mac OS X 10.2... I'd have liked that, too...

I was looking forward to Minimize in Place also. Well, i suppose if we write to the Mac OS X Team via the Feedback page, maybe they'll put it back in to 10.2.2 (I doubt that it can get into 10.2.1 in time).

Also, I think the FTP "read-only" problem is being fixed by 10.2.1.

But hey, what do I know? I'm not high enough on the ADC chain to know :D.

I ordered my copy of 10.2 direct from Apple.com the moment I heard it was available. I'm surprised more people aren't doing that. My Apple direct orders typically arrive slightly sooner than what I can get off a shelf. We'll see what happens here though.

Back