Jaguar Terminal International chars??

gumse

Anyone with Jaguar who have noticed if Terminal supports input and output of international characters (like Swedish ÅÄÖ) ?

I don't think it's a Terminal-related problem. I can't input scandinavian characters when in [localhost], but if I ssh to my university I have no problem viewing and typing ö,ä,å (providing String Encoding is set to ISO Latin 1 in Terminal prefs > Shell). So it would seem the problem is with Darwin (BSD, whatever) apparently not supporting 8-bit characters, not the Terminal itself. It would be nice if it did, though... :(

You are probably right. I think it's a shell issue. With zsh i can write "ÅÄÖ" , but an ls command still shows the swedish file names with ?? instead of the right characters. Even if it looks ok in the finder.

In zsh I have to choose Latin-1 to get it to work, but then if I cat a textfile with swedish chars, the show up as ??? If I choose MacOS-Roman , the cat works ok, but then I cant input any swedish chars... So it's a mess. I sure hope this is fixed in Jaguar.

Back