Jaguar Update?

whatredline

Registered
Is the new Jaguar update just a bunch of security updates and stuff like that or is it a whole new version with different interfaces? Also, is it worth it to buy?

It has a lot of new code but to the user (us) it's mostly the same. Some machines are reported to get notably faster but that hasn't been my experience. There are a couple of new apps but nothing really ground breaking.

I got the student discount. I still feel like $70 was too much money. Maybe you can live with your current OS for a while if your going to get a new machine is the forseeable future? If not, I don't see any other option, you'll want to be on the current version of the OS right?

Vanguard

The Jaguar update offers new features that are useful to some very specific sections of the market, such as people who will be networking their macs. Developers will also get a lot of new goodies, and ditto for those running servers.

However, if you are really only using your mac to run a few specific apps such as Office or PhotoShop, and you are pretty happy with your setup now, all Jaguar really offers is a few (admittedly very good) interface tweaks and a speed boost.

So, I guess it depends on what you're using it for.

Back