.Jar files won't open, yet I supposedly have Java SE 6??

Drizzt0110

Registered
Ok.. So i'm trying to open this file called RSBot-227.jar, but it automatically uses Archiver. I rightclick and select "Open With.." and java is nowhere to be seen? I even checked my version of java via Terminal, and everything was up to date and I used "Software Update.." and it says I have the lates Java SE 6 Runtime, but it still doesnt work? Also in applications I only have Java preferences, but nothing labeled "Java" or anything.. I can't open .jar files anymore so this kind of sucks..

Can anyone please help me?

I already tried that, look:

"Ben-Bor***ss-MacBook-Pro:~ benbor***s$ java -jar RSBot-227.jar
Unable to access jarfile RSBot-227.jar"

My coputer says I have java installed, but I don't have any Java Applications besides Java Prefrences

That error indicates that your current working directory us not the same as the directory in which that file is located. Try this: type "java -jar " (note the space at the end), then drag the jar file and drop it on the Terminal window. The rest of the terminal command should fill in itself when you do this.

Then, press enter.

Hi,

I tried typing the command into the terminal window, and the .jar file still won't open. All I got is the following message in the terminal window :

MacBook-de-NinyHime:~ fanny_hoang$ java -jar /Users/fanny_hoang/Downloads/Vocaloid/Kaito/Shimeji.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.group_finity.mascot.image.MascotImage.<init>(MascotImage.java:26)
at com.group_finity.mascot.image.ImagePairLoader.load(ImagePairLoader.java:28)
at com.group_finity.mascot.config.AnimationBuilder.loadPose(AnimationBuilder.java:49)
at com.group_finity.mascot.config.AnimationBuilder.<init>(AnimationBuilder.java:33)
at com.group_finity.mascot.config.ActionBuilder.<init>(ActionBuilder.java:51)
at com.group_finity.mascot.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:40)
at com.group_finity.mascot.Main.loadConfiguration(Main.java:90)
at com.group_finity.mascot.Main.run(Main.java:69)
at com.group_finity.mascot.Main.main(Main.java:63)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.group_finity.mascot.generic.GenericEnvironment.tick(GenericEnvironment.java:18)
at com.group_finity.mascot.environment.Environment.<init>(Environment.java:92)
at com.group_finity.mascot.generic.GenericEnvironment.<init>(GenericEnvironment.java:11)
at com.group_finity.mascot.generic.NativeFactoryImpl.<init>(NativeFactoryImpl.java:12)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at com.group_finity.mascot.NativeFactory.<clinit>(NativeFactory.java:30)
... 9 more
MacBook-de-NinyHime:~ fanny_hoang$ MacBook

I have absolutely no clue what it is supposed to mean...-_-" Does anyone have an idea what I should do to make the .jar file work?

Back