JAVA and Jaguar

Im learning java at tafe, and i was glad at being able to write/compile/run things exactly the same at home, as i do on windows pcs in class. anyways. i recently found myself a copy of jaguar. i think its about build 6c106. anyways. all of a sudden, java doesnt seem to like JOptionPane input boxes anymore, and i am getting different errors on stuff, that i compiles and ran fine before i upgraded. is the java sdk in the 'pre-releases' of jaguar known to be buggy, or have i just found something? it isn't vital that it works, cus i do most of the stuff in class. i just wondered seeing as how X is supposed to be aiming to be 'the best java development os'...

cheers

QP

'the best java development os'? Yeah, that is what Stevie told us, and this is just not true.
I am a Java programmer, and I am really frustrated with the support we have seen till now.
Many applets still don't work (Especially internet banking applets).

I haven't got my hands on any Jaguar build till now, but I really hope that the final version of Jaguar will fix this, as I read about Jaguar it will improve Java support. Now, if it again won't I am really pissed off.

Maybe I will take the long way from Germany to the next Mac World and bitchslap Steve Jobs personally for telling me all these lies.

Try creating a BufferedImage with TYPE_INT_RGBA (or is it ARGB?) in Java for Mac OS X. You get an exception, but not any exception, this exception has a message: "Finalize this". That is how good Java 1.3.1 is in Mac OS X. But graphics are fast. Very fast in some cases.

I wouldn't expect 6C106 to have full Java support. I might have digged a little deeper into this if the same 6C106 hadn't eaten my harddrive alive.

theo

Back