java crashes after 10.4.1 update

stalefish

Registered
I just recieved a brand new 15 in 1.67GHz G4 Powerbook and am having problems with java. Prior to updating to 10.4.1, java was working fine and I was able to launch Eclipse. However after the update java crashes and was giving a "segmentation fault" error. Since it's a new machine, I decided to re-install Tiger again and check to see if it would java would function again. Sure enough it did. Updating once again caused java to crash. But this time with a "Bus error" message.

I searched the web and found that apple had a segmentation fault in java for 10.3.9. It would be surprising to see that this issue has arisen again, but nonetheless it's what I am experiencing.

Anyway...to get to the point. Does anyone else have this problem? Any known solution?

Just in case anyone wants to know. I found out that it only happens when 10.4 is installed on a unix file system. :confused:

stalefish said:
Just in case anyone wants to know. I found out that it only happens when 10.4 is installed on a unix file system. :confused:
Exactly how did your copy of MacOS X 10.4 get installed on a Unix File System? It is highly recommended that you don't do that.

Back