Java Version

pascald12

Registered
Hey all,

Does anybody know what the current java version is on the latest builds. I saw that in the Public Beta the Java Runtime Environment was 1.3 but the classes were the jdk1.2.2

As MacOSX final should be able to run java 1.3, my guess is that there should be at least a beta version of 1.3 running on the latest builds.

If you want to help me with this you can create a new file called: OSType.java

and past the following:

/*************************/
public class OSType {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Operating System Name: "+System.getPropertie
s().getProperty("os.name"));
System.out.println("Operating System Architecture: "+System.getP
roperties().getProperty("os.arch"));
System.out.println("Operating System Version: "+System.getProper
ties().getProperty("os.version"));
System.out.println("User Name: "+System.getProperties().getPrope
rty("user.name"));
System.out.println("User Home Directory: "+System.getProperties(
).getProperty("user.home"));
System.out.println("Current Directory: "+System.getProperties().
getProperty("user.dir"));
System.out.println("Java Runtime Environment Version: "+System.g
etProperties().getProperty("java.version"));
System.out.println("Java Runtime Environment Vendor: "+System.ge
tProperties().getProperty("java.vendor"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Version "+System.getPro
perties().getProperty("java.vm.version"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Vendor: "+System.getPro
perties().getProperty("java.vm.vendor"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Directory: "+System.get
OSType.java: 17 lines, 1472 characters
[pascal@iBook java]$cat OSType.java
public class OSType {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Operating System Name: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("os.name"));
System.out.println("Operating System Architecture: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("os.arch"));
System.out.println("Operating System Version: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("os.version"));
System.out.println("User Name: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("user.name"));
System.out.println("User Home Directory: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("user.home"));
System.out.println("Current Directory: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("user.dir"));
System.out.println("Java Runtime Environment Version: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.version"));
System.out.println("Java Runtime Environment Vendor: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.vendor"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Version "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.vm.version"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Vendor: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.vm.vendor"));
System.out.println("Java Virtual Machine Directory: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.home"));
System.out.println("Java Class Version: "+System.getProperties().getProperty("java.class.version"));
System.exit(0);
}
}
/***********************************/

In the terminal.app goto the directory and type:

javac OSType.java

After that run it with:

java OSType

It will display 12 lines. Check if the Java Runtime Machine and Java Virtual Machine Versions are equal. They both should say 1.3.0

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

Originally posted by pascald12
Does anybody know what the current java version is on the latest builds. I saw that in the Public Beta the Java Runtime Environment was 1.3 but the classes were the jdk1.2.2

As MacOSX final should be able to run java 1.3, my guess is that there should be at least a beta version of 1.3 running on the latest builds.

Phure said on MacNN:

4k73:

Java Runtime Environment Version: 1.3.0
Java Runtime Environment Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
Java Virtual Machine Version 1.3.0
Java Virtual Machine Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
Java Virtual Machine Directory: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3/Home
Java Class Version: 47.0

I think it sounds good

Hey thanks a lot,

So jdk1.3 dos run on the mac. Cool finally we mac users aren't left behind, unless you are running classic :(

bye

Pascal

Back