Joining partitions

Waxer

Registered
My intel core duo 20" iMac has an internal 500GB drive. Currently it is split into 4 partitions. I want to keep the main system drive, and then join the other 3 together to make 1 big data drive. I have erased the 2 smaller partitions and now only have data in the system drive and the existing data drive. I have all the disk tools you can think of installed (Diskwarrior, Drive Genius etc) but I cannot find a way of doing it. I do not have another drive to dump all this in, then repartition the disk from scratch. I am a 15 year Mac user, but I have to say this really annoys me, it's so easy on a PC using any one of a number of programs, like Acronis or Norton. Many thanks, Steve,

There's a nice Linux nondestructive partition program called QTPartED that comes on a bootable Linux disc image. It's a Partition Magic clone. It would be nice if they could port it to OS X or find a way to get it to boot on an Intel Mac. There likely is a way, I'm just not familiar with any.

I used it recently to do a nondestructive partition. Worked very well. Nice graphical interface.

Doug

Back