Joke or ad teasing

ragengs

Registered
I went on this site http://macosx.org/nat0.html and clicked on the link (Ben Lachman’s gNAT utility) to download the app gNAT and it took me to versiontracker. Stuned and surprised i saw the main screen of versiontracker black with an animation coming from the right (two beautiful legs with black shoes coming in on the screen) unfortunatly i didn't realize directly i didn't think to make a screenshot so if someone get the same don't forget to make a screenshot of it. It would be fun to know what this is all about(joke, hack, or ad).

If you see this on other site not just legs but anything unusual post it here)

Sorry if i didn't put this in the right board but i couldn't figure out which was the best place to put it.

Thanks to all contributors and testers to find this out.

ragengs

I think you should move this thread to macosx.cafe. After all, this is a bit non-technical.

:D

I did see that a couple days ago. I kept watching (they were a nice pair of legs, I had to find out what was being advertised) but no logo that I can remember came up. The face of the woman was of a cat face tho. Maybe VT is low on sponsors right now.

I F*#*ING HATE THAT S*#@!

Now VERSIONTRACKER is succumbing and starting to put Flash ads on their website. Plus, you can't directly download a file from the front page anymore, which REALLY ticks me off as well.

Goodbye VersionTracker. You won't get my business if you do c*#@ like that. Hello MacUpdate!

Will MUG not be updated on VT any more? That's a blow to the site...I might have to check out MacUpdate now...

Back