JPEG PC Mac Issue

j posch

Registered
I have some pictures on my mac which have been taken sideways, I have rotated them the right way and saved them in that folder, this is with pictureviewer and sent that folder through FTP, but when the person has opened them on the otherside they are still all sideways, this is on a PC. But when I check them on the FTP server they are the right way up for me? can anyone help? Thanks

Are you sure you didn't goof up and send older files? If they display correctly off the server in a browser window they must be OK. Try sending another as a test.

Might it be that "pictureviewer" only _views_ the files rotated but doesn't save any such changes to the actual file?
I have no idea about that Windows application, though. Might try another application. Picasa or something.

compress the file as a zip archive and the person can open that up on their pc. The reason is that oftentimes files can get corrupted as they travel from your comp, through the data line to the ftp site, and then from the ftp to that users machine. Compressing can protect the file from this kind of damage.

Have you tried emailing the jpgs as well? Might be a better option if the above doesn't fix the problem.

Back