Junk Mail Filter Issue

loopdesign

Registered
Greetings,
I'm having some difficulties with my Mail app that I'd really like to resolve. Maybe you guys can help? The main problem being that despite setting my Junk Mail prefs to allow mail from "previous recipients" and folks "in my Address book" (ie. "the following types of mail are EXEMPT from Junk Mail filtering") Messages (from clients, friends, etc.) are STILL going directly into my Junk mail folder (?!?!)

As a result, I'm wasting time each day manually scanning the folder for messages I want/need. Any idea how I can correct this? I've scanned the forums on the Apple site, but the reports are dramatically mixed. Some people report that customizing the junk mail settings results in perfect performance ... whereas other folks seem to be completely confounded by the performance. I had several years of reliable performance ... but now I'm at a loss for a fix. Do I just reset everything back to "default" and start over in training mode? Is is some type of corruption? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
... I had several years of reliable performance ... but now I'm at a loss for a fix. Do I just reset everything back to "default" and start over in training mode? Is is some type of corruption? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Chalk this one up to "stuff happens." It is unlikely to be corruption. It is just that things change. SPAMmers change their messages to thwart junk mail filters. Friends, family, and colleagues make changes to their messages which make them vulnerable to junk mail filtering. You can either try to change the World or place Mail's junk mail filter back into training mode. The choice is yours.

Greetings,
despite setting my Junk Mail prefs to allow mail from "previous recipients" and folks "in my Address book" (ie. "the following types of mail are EXEMPT from Junk Mail filtering") Messages (from clients, friends, etc.) are STILL going directly into my Junk mail folder (?!?!)

There is a bit more you can do with this set up. Under the Junk Mail Tab and you have these settings, select Advanced and apply these rules

Descrition (some name like Junk)

*If ALL of the following conditions are met

*Sender Is Not In My Address Book

*Sender Is Not In My Previuos Receptants

*Message Is Not Addressed To My Full Name

*Message Is Junk Mail

Perform the following Action

*Move Message to *Junk Mail Folder

This is how I have it and only get my friends or wanted mail in the Inbox and the rest going into the Junk Mail Box

This should help you too

TIP Stop Spotlight indexing the Junk Mail Box: locate the folder user/Library/Mail/ You will see a folder with email details/Spam Folder

Open Spotlight Preferences, select Privacy Tab and add the Spam Folder by dropping it into the Spotlight Privacy Preferences

You will have to do that in each email folder you have accounts set up for.

Back