Just a pet peeve....

Matrix Agent

Masochist Mascot
But since when has the "mac" been referred to as MAC? As if it is an acronym of some sorts?

To say the least, it bothers me a least enough to start a thread about it?.Anyone care to vent their frustration/explain this phenomenon? :D

On a completely kinda-related note, Apple almost marketed their computer as simply M.A.C... it would have stood for "Mouse Activated Computer." Then they simply decided that their original code name was good enough: Macintosh.

Yeah, bugs me too.

Thank you, that was the kind of info I was looking for. At least now I know that it has some grounds to be called MAC. But, it is still annoying nonetheless. :D

VERY annoying. I especially hate it when some pc-idiot comes out and says "oh, is that the computer that MAC just released?". it is obnoxious to say the least.

well MAC could stand for Most Advanced Computer :p ;)

and yes i find it annoying that so many PC Users are so uneducated about computers by saying things like "Windows came first" and " oh that computer was made by mac" :::Sigh:::

Or when people think that an iMac is an iBook....

Sorry that pisses me off ;)

One friend at school ALWAYS goes on as if my iMacs are laptops.

Oh, and people who write Imac and Ibook.

;)

you guys get annoyed by some trivial shi......er, stuff.

a Mac is a Mac. we use and support the best platform in the world, that should be enough for you. :)

Thats the problem Shifiting, its just so hard to advocate the platform and treat someone as an intelligent person when they ask me if my "iPod is made by MAC". :rolleyes:

I thought Apple had about the third most recongnized brand symbol.

you have to take the good with the bad, man. as long as they know the three letters "m-a-c" then you should be happy. who cares if they are in caps or not?

and f##k treating them as an intelligent person. if they know the three letters, then good. and if they don't, that's an immediate write-off. life is too short to get picky.

assume nothing. that way the disappointment won't matter.

if someone is ignorant of Apple's products, you have two choices: education or apathy. the choice is yours. my only advice is to not waste any time on anyone not worth your time. it's just the same as hitting on chicks. you only work on the fine ones, and even if you don't succeed, you keep trying. :)

Originally posted by Hypernate

Oh, and people who write Imac and Ibook.

;)
the worst one i saw was I-Mac in my paper, which is obviously made on a mac (the IE 5 screenshots in the computer section confirm it)

Acctually MAC stands for Media Access Control. It is a unique number that is burned into every piece of network hardware, like a NIC or a Router. This number is called MAC Address. So, yes, I too hate it when people say MAC instead of Mac, because it really is two different things. I also hate it when people say that certain items are made by Mac when they are clearly made by Apple.:D

just to add my two cents:

whenever I do apple sales repping i have one idiot friend who CONTINUALLY says that i'm "working for MAC" and things of that sort, regardless of how many times i correct her.

annoyance!

Back