Just curious...

Too many Chiefs? I don't think so. Contributors get a couple more forums that others do not. And you should get a warm fuzzy feeling that you have helped keep this web site going.
Consider your contribution like donating to a good cause like you would to a non profit organization/charity. They ask for donations every year and sometimes even more often.
I wouldn't mind giving every year. The amount would depend on my finances at that time. Any amount you give would be a big help.

Oh, I consider it a good cause alright. I've been running the business on OSX for 13 months now and would have found it a big struggle without this site. Not only that, some of the wit comes in handy in the pub!

Ahem... as for the chiefs/Indians thing, maybe I've picked up a splash of corporate paint.:D There's been some political in-fighting around these here parts recently (wish I was still young enough to enjoy that).

I didn't mean the part-ownership bit as a deep insight, just that people occasionally think like that.

Whatever, I'm pleased to be here and warm and fuzzy!

I'm a little bothered by some that don't contribute and then complain. I'm even more bothered by people that do contribute and then complain. Most need to realize what they are contributing for. Scott needs money to run the site. Contributing does not entitle anyone to God mode.

]> God Mode 1 <cr>

...see nothing happened. Well I guess what I trying to get across is that having a section set aside for contributing members should be looked at as a pro version of a product. Like Ed said earlier, here contains a smaller group of users that can be a little more lax and the voice that comes out from this group reaches Scott's ears a little quicker than a non-contributing member. Other than that we are no different than a week ago. As for users that believe that the world owes them a free web site and when the words 'donate' and 'contribute' gets them in an uproar, you know what to call them. LEECHERS!

I did not hesitate to donate. I'm not bragging, it's just a fact. I find this site very useful and though I'm not a high poster, this site is a great resource and all I thought about was, "What if MacOSX.com shut down for good?" This is the question many of the users thought when they got the page the other day. I didn't take it as a scare tatic, but more like a reality check. Hopefully others will realize the importance of a small donation from many can make a world of difference. I know Scott has appriciation for those that have contributed and would not have gone to this measure if it could have been avoided.

In conclusion to Bubba's short story kids is this:

Don't feed the trolls with fuel for their fire. If someone thinks that contributors are bad people, then they are the bad people and should be ignored. Use common sense and don't make contributors look like they are upper class.... (at least don't do that in the public forums. What is said here in Member's Only, stays in Member's Only:D .)

Back