Just for poops and giggles...

swizcore

Help Guide Coordinator
Im starting a little website served from my Mac OS 10.1 .
Its just gonna be a little resource for me to share my reviews of software for X and the hardware that I use with X. I will also have a screenshot library for the giggles and ramblings of interest that I uncover about X news and other stuff.
Take a sec and stop by and let me know what you think about the look, its an infant right now but its up.
I'd like all of you to send screen shots that are from within X for me to include in the screenshots arena. blah blah blah, Im just stoked on X!
Heres the URL:
http://swizcore.dyndns.org/

P.S. Should I do something to get a different url which folks can type in to get to it?

You can get a normal domain name from www.dyndns.org (it's free), so people don't need to remember your IP address.

It's especially handy if you IP address, like mine, changes every so often. You can get a little program that runs in the background on your computer, and checks at regular intervals that your IP is the same - if it isn't, it updates the DNS entries, and the domain name still points to your IP address.

Thanks Scruffy!
The funny thing is, I already had a dyndns.org account from a few weeks ago but I forgot about it until now... ridiculous I know.
Anyhew, here is the address for the X site-

http://swizcore.dyndns.org/

Thanks again!

Are you using DSL / Cable / or Ethernet with DynDNS?

I'm on Cable (AT&T Broadband) and haven't been able to get it to work. Anyone out there using AT&T Broadband and able to get it to work with either DNS2GO or DynDNS?

Ted

ok i was checking out your site on IE 5 and it had some issues. The main one was i coulnt scroll or resize the window. The bottom got cut off. In netscape the window appeared longer than my screen area and that wasnt very nice either. I know you probably dont wanna resize it or have scrollbars but you should add them because everyone will not see the page as you do.

maybe you could assist me here:
It uses frames and I want the frames to "stick" to eachother so if someone stretches the window out it wont pull the frames away from one another. That is the only reason i have it not resizeable right now. I will make it scrollable.
Thanks.

Try this...

change:
<frameset cols="132,555,169" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
<frame name="Rock Graphic" noresize src="rock.html" scrolling="NO">
<frameset rows="57,530" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
<frame name="Navigation" noresize src="nav.html" scrolling="NO" >
<frame name="Dynamic frame" noresize src="rambling.html" scrolling="YES" >
</frameset>
<frame name="Main Graphic" noresize src="static.shtml" scrolling="NO">
</frameset>
<noframes>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
<p></p>
</body>

</noframes>

to

<frameset cols="132,*,169" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
<frame name="Rock Graphic" noresize src="rock.html" scrolling="NO">
<frameset rows="57,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
<frame name="Navigation" noresize src="nav.html" scrolling="NO" >
<frame name="Dynamic frame" noresize src="rambling.html" scrolling="YES" >
</frameset>
<frame name="Main Graphic" noresize src="static.shtml" scrolling="NO">
</frameset>
<noframes>

<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
<p> You need frames to view this site. </p>
</body>

</noframes>

Remember:

1) always keep a backup if it doesnt work out. or you dont like it
2) the middle sections will expand so make sure the Nav has a background image.
3) You need a no frame message. I added a generic one.
4) Are the Nav buttons supposed to work?

Try that out and see if you like it and it works.

frameset cols="132,555,169" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
frame name="Rock Graphic" noresize src="rock.html" scrolling="NO">
frameset rows="57,530" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
frame name="Navigation" noresize src="nav.html" scrolling="NO" >
frame name="Dynamic frame" noresize src="rambling.html" scrolling="YES" >
/frameset>
frame name="Main Graphic" noresize src="static.shtml" scrolling="NO">
/frameset>
noframes>

body bgcolor="#ffffff">
p>/p>
/body>

/noframes>

to:

frameset cols="132,*,169" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
frame name="Rock Graphic" noresize src="rock.html" scrolling="NO">
frameset rows="57,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" >
frame name="Navigation" noresize src="nav.html" scrolling="NO" >
frame name="Dynamic frame" noresize src="rambling.html" scrolling="YES" >
/frameset>
frame name="Main Graphic" noresize src="static.shtml" scrolling="NO">
/frameset>
noframes>

body bgcolor="#ffffff">
p>/p>
/body>

/noframes>

if you didnt notice i had to get rid of the < so that they'd show up. you wanna remember to add them back in.

Originally posted by twister
if you didnt notice i had to get rid of the < so that they'd show up. you wanna remember to add them back in.

Thanks a ton twister!

Sorry it took so long to respond but i never recieved my notifier email about a response. It worked well enough for me to use it. thankyou very much.

BTW, there is now a poll on the site re:the G5 macs.
Just some more arbitrary humor :)

... I am installing my Retail 10.1 OS so the Swizcore Pumahouse site will be offline until early Friday morning. Thansk to all who have been stopping in.

The site is back up already. I whipped the install.
Does thsi thread show up with no scrollbars for anyone else?
I guess it wont matter even if you answer cause i wont be able to scoll dow and read it. :eek:

acidtuch10,
I am trying to figure out the code to make the frames on the site "stick" together so the window can be resizable. But for now to keep the proper look I am just making it fixed size. Im not sure why it isnt allowing you to scroll to the bottom. I know sometimes I have to reload to get the scrollbars to appear. perhaps I will try a new method of loading the scrollbars.

Heres the real pisser:
when I come to THIS thread at macosx.com it still doesnt have scroll bars no matter what! I paste the URL into an already opened (with scrollbars) window and it loads this thread with no scrollbars. Regardless of how many times i refresh or empty cache. the only way i could read your post was to view the source of the page and locate your post in the html. Damn.

anyway, check the site later and email me if the scroll thing is not fixed. i also may have the frame/resize issue resolved by then too.

for continuing to "top" this but...
the site has been reconfigured and no longer uses the nonresizeable/no scorllbars. It is fully resizeable and absolutely scrollable. thanks
Sorry for the "spam"?

Back