Just got my ipod so happy

THEMACER

Registered
Just wanted to let everyone know i just got my ipod. I love apple. I cant beleive ups delivered this late its 6:30. I will be posting pics soon. Please give me some tips guys.

Tips? OK, here's some:

Get some of that PDA screen-cover. That's very transparent. Now put it over the screen(only the screen). Put the iPod back-side up and use a sharp knife to cut along the edge of the iPod, to get rid of the unnececary cover.
Now your screen won't scratch, you got good visability still(big problem with expensive iPod covers) and the shape is the same.

When the ear-buds don't perform any more, get some good headphones. It's worth it, listening to music with real speakers...

Highlight all your music in iTunes and drag-drop it over to the iPod at the same time, just to admire the speed of FireWire.

Always keep the charger near-by when on a trip, having a flat battery before a 6-hour bus-ride is a pain...

Don't leave connected to Mac while Mac is asleep, that'll drain the bettery rather than charge it (did that 2 days ago)

Show it to EVERYONE, and let them touch...it has an amazing "WOW!"-factor and they will all envy you

Originally posted by voice-

Get some of that PDA screen-cover. That's very transparent. Now put it over the screen(only the screen). Put the iPod back-side up and use a sharp knife to cut along the edge of the iPod, to get rid of the unnececary cover.
Now your screen won't scratch, you got good visability still(big problem with expensive iPod covers) and the shape is the same.

can you elaborate on that? I don't quite understand...

Well thanks for the input. The pics came out really blurry so i dont think you guys want to see that. It still charging right now, dam i want to use it. If the headphones do break will apple replace them? I dont have a receit i bought it new on ebay, so since i bought it on ebay can i still go to the apple store and get it fixed that way.

It would be visible at the "cut lines" but it will not be too obvious from the person sitting at the next table at a coffee shop. They will just drool over your ulttra cool stereo.

PS: I just received my new iPod too! Yeah!

OK, so it seems I don't have to elaborate at all...

Cut lines will be visible, but only if you look closely. Screen will also be very visible. So you'll get a protected beautiful iPod.

The back will still be scratched, but this is a product for physical use, not a mirror.

Wait a min. Since i got my ipod i charged it right when it came out the book for 4 hours. This was thursday night. Since then i played about 4 hour of music on it, and today during a song the low battery icon came up and its charging now??? This is supposto last 10 hours or more wtf? After i am done using it i always shut it off by holding the play button. I know it doesnt completly turn it off but cmon. The black ligh is set to 5 sec and alarm is off???? why??

Bad battery is partly due to volume. A user once did a test here and found remarkable differences(hours) of difference between 25% volume and 75% volume

But I wish Apple would get rid of the callendar and clock and rather give me a good battery back...1.2 really has a flaw here

Agree with the volume difference (driving the headphone amplifier drains battery), and also, if you do not keep a playlist and keep changing tracks after every song, you get about 4-5 hours of play. (Even if you play them in shuffle mode, you get the same thing). Unfortunately this is the problem.

New update to 1.2 coming up, with the amount of complains they are getting these days. :D

THEMACER: Congratulations with the "new" iPod! Is it the 5, 10 or 20 MB version?

I sure hope I can get one this Christmas, that would be awsome! :)

btw, I just got mine also on Friday :D its awesome! and I got a white frost iSkin which is awesome too :) :cool:

EDIT: its a new-style 10-gigger :)

Awsome xaq, congratulations!
I'm sure you're enjoying it, especially with that frost iSkin!

I got the 5gb and my how libary consist of 113 songs so i have no need for a bigger ipod. I also love my krusell classic ipod case its great and has a great clip. Thanks for everyones input. Trip, just the sight of opening the ipod box and seeing it in there waiting to be used is worth that 300. Hope you get yours soon.

Back