Just out of curiosity...

XnetZero

Registered
...I was wondering how many of you are running MOSX sans Mac OS 9? I'm finding some annoying repercussions in forgoing the venerable MOS9.

For instance:

Xerox's PPD installer fails to install if MOS9 is not installed as does Norton Antivirus 7.0.

Has anyone else found similar cases?

Regards...

Originally posted by XnetZero
...I was wondering how many of you are running MOSX sans Mac OS 9? I'm finding some annoying repercussions in forgoing the venerable MOS9.

For instance:

Xerox's PPD installer fails to install if MOS9 is not installed as does Norton Antivirus 7.0.

Has anyone else found similar cases?

Regards...

i still have some applications that require os9 (although i've migrated most to osx), that require me to keep classic on my mac.

kafene.

I've forgone OS 9 completely for OS X except for my Epson printer, and Epson is REALLY taking their time with a driver for it. :mad:

I'm now sans-classique, though I did need to use OS-9 to update the firmware on my MP3 player so it would connect to OS-X! :rolleyes:

now that photoshop, dreamweaver, and flash, and a few other key web dev apps are all on Mac OS X, I can delete OS 9

Except then I can't use my Toshiba PDR-M61 digital camera anymore :( :( :(

It ties me to OS 9. Until I have enough money for a new one, which might be quite a while.

Oh and some software cracks like the crack to take Lightwave 7 out of demo mode are OS 9 apps. DUHHHH stupid. But the 7.5 updater ruins those cracks anyway and I'm willing to give up software cracks. I'm willing to give up anything to get rid of 0S 9 except for my camera and my necessary apps, so now the camera is the last thing.

The day I can do a rm- rf 'OS 9' (lol) or whatever, will be a very happy, significant day for me.

No 9 on mine... I keep an old 8 gig around that still has 9.2.2 on it, and I can stick it back in the tower if I have to... but I haven't had to since Q3A and DII:LOD have been ported.

9 was then. X is now.

Back