Kaleidoscope X

Originally posted by o2x
Maybe someone should create a Windows XP theme for Metamorph X. I think the new look of XP is very nice and i would love to use it on X.1 instead of Aqua.

Are you sure you're in the right forum? :/

The Windows OS X.. er XP theme is a rip off of the Aqua theme, and a very poorly done one at that. Just looking at XP gives me a headache. It may be attractive to a kindergardener, but I like a professional look to an OS. Aqua is perfect, it's colorful yet not bright or outragious, it's polished yet not slippery. I love aqua!

swizcore,

No problems at all with Iridium whatsoever...like anything else, it's not perfect though.

The mp3 player is Audion, just because the gray fit with everything else, although I prefer iTunes (still using v1, I don't reboot often)

Chevy,
I just had to get rid of the lines and crap, I stare at this damn screen 12-14 hrs a day, doing mostly color correction (and need the gray look). I too like Kaleidoscope, and can't wait to see it's next incarnation...hell, I just want my NeXT theme. I've been using the NeXT appearance theme for so long now, although it's starting to look old to me now when I go to work (using 9.1 there).

2:54AM up 35 days, 3:05, 3 users, load averages: 1.19, 1.20, 1.26

Originally posted by swizcore
Blasphemy!!!!!!!
j/k :)
XP's appearance is too "toys r us-eee' for me.

The XP gui is actually a real pain in the ass, they have tried to make the system easy to use. But instead they have made the assumption that all users are morons and hidden everything.

After 15 minutes I just wanted to make the bad GUI go away..

Originally posted by level9

Chevy,
I just had to get rid of the lines and crap, I stare at this damn screen 12-14 hrs a day, doing mostly color correction (and need the gray look). I too like Kaleidoscope, and can't wait to see it's next incarnation...hell, I just want my NeXT theme. I've been using the NeXT appearance theme for so long now, although it's starting to look old to me now when I go to work (using 9.1 there).

2:54AM up 35 days, 3:05, 3 users, load averages: 1.19, 1.20, 1.26

I'm afraid Kaleidoscope is over.

Does your machine look like a big black cube ? I remember the original NeXT machine... at that time Apples were trying to look like PCs ! And they went from 30% market share to <4%.

Now (since 95) PC are trying to look like Apples... will this lead Apple back to 30% ? or even 15% ? I hope so, because they have the ideas that our computers need to become better, let them have the money too.

Originally posted by chevy
... at that time Apples were trying to look like PCs ! And they went from 30% market share to <4%.

Now (since 95) PC are trying to look like Apples... will this lead Apple back to 30% ? or even 15% ? I hope so, because they have the ideas that our computers need to become better, let them have the money too.

That's an iteresting point. I don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but I don't see a 25% increase coming rapidly.

I'm wondering how many PC (Windows) users bought their computers just to play games? (and maybe ICQ/AOL, email, using office every now and then...)

Even many Mac users I know have PCs... just to play games on them... other stuffs, they do on Mac...

I dunno what the situation on Mac gaming is... I don't really care... all I know is that Blizzard releases Mac versions about a year later...

I dunno how many more PCs were bought since 1995... but I know even Macs are cheaper than they used to be... so I guess it's been alot easier to justify purchases of new computers (PCs) and related hardwares just to play games on them...

for these people... Macs are more expensive and they have less games... I dunno if they'll switch to Mac...

as dumb as it sounds... they get what they want from their PeeCs...

unless some weird shit happens... I don't see much of a turnaround in matrket share %...

but you know what... I don't understand how people think... or how economy works...

and hey... I just realized that this has nothing to do with the thread...

Not trying to start a debate but I could almost swear I saw soomewhere that the real deal "Kaleidoscope" was going to be redone for X.....
I STRESS THE ----ALMOST-----

I think apple will bring out the Lawsuit wildcard out of their sleeve is someone tries to do this :(

It would be nice though... I would like to change my OS X look to NeXT and back again, or other OSes he he ;)

Originally posted by swizcore
Not trying to start a debate but I could almost swear I saw soomewhere that the real deal "Kaleidoscope" was going to be redone for X.....
I STRESS THE ----ALMOST-----

The really weird thing is that the Kaleidoscope website www.kaleidoscope.net does not seem to have any mention of not doing any MacOS X version. It could be because they're not updating the site anymore, but I don't think that's likely since they've posted some new schemes up. Maybe they've retracted their original statement about not doing it.

Originally posted by kingLatency
That's an iteresting point. I don't mean to be a spoil-sport, but I don't see a 25% increase coming rapidly.

you will not see a large increase like that if most mac users maintain the elitest attitude as some people here showcase :-/

but, you will see a slight increase the second Apple decides to start advertising. Here it is, the christmas shopping season (in the states, it's huge) and all commercials I've seen are...... iPod commercials? That assumes that the customer knows what it is, what it interfaces. Where's the introduction to the Mac OS X machines?

and for gawd's sake, please stop showing me the WinXP commercials. They are downright silly.

I'll personally like to see Mac's increase their share. And I'm an old, old mac user that abandoned the platform, and now fully back with Mac OS X. I love it.

now, it's time to flaunt it :D Do some advertising Apple!!

Gerbick, I agree completely. With advertising, we will see a slow but steady increase in our market share.

Advertising may or may not do this, but certainly, I have not seen an XP ad that I have not flipped off. I don't think taking an existing product and marketing it differently (copying Apple's marketing, at that) is exactly novel.

Marketing is more than advertising !

It is also product definition (what will be the next iMac ?), market segmentation (what after education and graphic artists ?), pricing (!), teasing, managing customers expectation (support old hardware for OS-X, like old printers !)... having good sales channels (there is room for improvement in Europe !)...

Back