Kansas City Sold out of Panther at 7:30am Sat.

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
That sucks. Appears that CompUSA and local Mac (non-Apple owned) didn't get their shipment of Panther in. They are expected to get it on Monday. MicroCenter apparently had it however they sold out early this morning.

So... how big is Kansas City? And how good was Apple at supplying KC with copies of Panther.

Shameful.

Apple Store... where are you?!

Scott

Good news. CompUSA got in their shipment and I now have it. Installing it as I write this.

That's good, then the owner of Macosx.com will have the latest version of Mac OS X.

I guess they didn't anticipate the number of Mac users KC has.

Actually they do, which is why I suppose they have failed to put in an Apple Store. With so many many authorized sellers in the area.

ScottW said:
Actually they do, which is why I suppose they have failed to put in an Apple Store. With so many many authorized sellers in the area.

What's even cooler is that I don't think anyone had a "Panther Party". If there was one I couldn't find it.

Mine was delivered to me at about 3:30 in the afternoon so I didn't have to stand in line to get one. Let's keep pulling for an Apple on the Plaza!!

KC

kcwookie said:
What's even cooler is that I don't think anyone had a "Panther Party". If there was one I couldn't find it.

Mine was delivered to me at about 3:30 in the afternoon so I didn't have to stand in line to get one. Let's keep pulling for an Apple on the Plaza!!

KC

Mac Hardware had a party... but didn't have it in stock. (duh!)

Anyhow, I didn't go... cause I didn't know.

Yea, Apple at the Plaza would be cool. The only thing is, if they are at the Plaza, they can't be anywhere else in town... so I doubt if Apple would want to be their. Maybe TownCenter Plaza down in Leawood?!

:)

in Belgium and the Netherlands Panther is also sold out.. No new copies of Panther untill next week!

ScottW said:
Mac Hardware had a party... but didn't have it in stock. (duh!)

Anyhow, I didn't go... cause I didn't know.

Yea, Apple at the Plaza would be cool. The only thing is, if they are at the Plaza, they can't be anywhere else in town... so I doubt if Apple would want to be their. Maybe TownCenter Plaza down in Leawood?!

:)

I called and asked them and they didn't say a thing about it. They did say they were going to be open and had 45 copies.

That might be OK...what am I talking about, of course it would be OK. The Plaza would be centrally located though. I had heard at one time that Apple was considering KC. Who can we send letter to?

KC

i want an official apple store in sweden. and i want US PRICES NOW!!!!

its unacceptable.
panther at authorized resellers here costs 1500 swedish crowns.

and panther from amazon.com costs $120 which is 920 swedish crowns(include shipping and it goes up to 1000 crowns) which means panther is 50% cheaper from amazon.com. ...
i know this is off topic, but its just not fair!!!

I went to get my copy of Panther last Friday, they already sold out two orders and it had been out five days! Anyway, I had to order a copy, and it'll be a week from tomorrow that I've waited. Here's to hoping for a call very very soon!

And here in Iceland, it costs the equivalent of $225.

http://www.macosx.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

tsizKEIK said:
i want an official apple store in sweden. and i want US PRICES NOW!!!!

its unacceptable.
panther at authorized resellers here costs 1500 swedish crowns.

and panther from amazon.com costs $120 which is 920 swedish crowns(include shipping and it goes up to 1000 crowns) which means panther is 50% cheaper from amazon.com. ...
i know this is off topic, but its just not fair!!!

Back